FREE learners permit practice tests, driving license written DMV exam, sample driver quizzes

Check Out Best
Car Insurance
For New Drivers:

Zip Code:
California Drivers License Practice Test 1 Class C

1. This sign means:
  The traffic signal ahead is not working.
  Be prepared to stop if the light is flashing.
  There is a traffic signal ahead.
2. If you are involved in a traffic collision, you are required to complete and submit a written report (SR1) to the DMV:
  Only if you or the other driver is injured.
  If there is property damage in excess of $500 or if there are any injuries.
  Only if you are at fault.
3. You reach an intersection with stop signs on all four corners at the same time as the driver on your left. Who has the right-of-way?
  The driver on your left has the right-of-way.
  You have the right-of-way.
  Whoever is signaling to make a turn has the right-of-way.
4. While all of the following are dangerous to do while driving, which is also illegal?
  Listening to music through a set of dual headphones.
  Adjusting your outside mirrors.
  Reading a road map.
5. When you don\'t see any other vehicles around you while driving:
  You may legally exceed the posted speed limit.
  It is a good habit to signal for turns and lane changes anyway.
  You do not need to stop completely for stop signs.
6. The handbook recommends signaling for at least _____ seconds before changing lanes on a freeway.
7. Your wheels should be pointed straight ahead, unless you are:
  Waiting to make a left turn at a traffic light.
  Parked on a hill or sloping driveway.
  Parked on the side of a level roadway and there is no curb.
8. California\'s \'Basic Speed Law\' says you should:
  Keep you speed close to that of other traffic.
  Never drive faster than is safe for current conditions.
  Always drive at the posted speed limit.
9. At night, you should never drive at a speed which would prevent you from coming to a stop within the distance
  You can see in your headlights.
  Of 4 car lengths.
  Of 170 feet.
10. If you are involved in an accident and there is more than $500 in damages, you must make a written report (SR 1) to:
  Your insurance company.
  The DMV.
  The CHP.